Interior Alteration to a Tenant Space
- Three copies of a recent complete (unaltered) survey
- Two copies of the subject site plan indicating the location of the tenant space
- Two sets of detailed construction plans (architectural, structural, plumbing, mechanical) that indicate compliance with the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and the Nassau County Fire Prevention Ordinance
New Building Construction —Additions, Alterations or Change of Use
- Three copies of a complete (unaltered) survey.
- Nine copies of a comprehensive site plan that also includes a required parking calculation in compliance with the Town of Hempstead Building Zone Ordinance.
- Two sets of detailed construction plans (architectural, structural, and plumbing) that indicate compliance with the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and the Nassau County Fire Prevention Ordinance.
On Sites in Excess of One Acre
Submit 14 sets of site development plans (NOTE: Site development plans MUST be bound into sets)
Plans submitted for the purpose of section 305 site plan review and/or Town Board approval shall include the following items:
- AREA MAP - (1 inch to 200 feet) 200-foot radius adjacent to the site indicating the use and the zoning of all areas within the radii.
- LOCATION MAP - (1 inch to 800 feet) 1/2 mile radius. A line map indicating the general location in relation to arterial highways and communities.
- SITE PLAN - (1 inch to 40 feet) Indicating the complete dimensioned proposal.
- TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEY - Must be prepared by a licensed land surveyor using Nassau County datum. A recent property survey map which must indicate the following: interior and adjoining elevations. The elevation, width and jurisdiction of streets and highways. The locations of curbs in street and all existing structures within the site. The location and caliper of all trees as required by Chapter 184-11 of the Code of the Town of Hempstead. Trees to be removed must be so noted. (Survey must also include a tree legend.)
- A landscape and beautification plan.
- All plans submitted must include the required general information as required by this office.
- Two copies of completed Environmental Assessment Form.
- Two copies of completed Disclosure Form.
- Two sets of detailed construction plans (architectural, structural, plumbing and mechanical) that indicate compliance with the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code and the Nassau County Fire Prevention Ordinance.
All Applications Require the Following
- Application forms must be filled out in their entirety and signed by the property owner, NOT the lessee.
- The seal and signature of a registered architect, professional engineer and/or licensed land surveyor as noted above is required on all plans. (Art. 147 Sec. 7307 New York State Education Law) Any alteration to plans which bear the seal and signature of a registered architect or professional engineer must be initialed and dated by the altering architect or engineer. (New York State Education Law)
- A reflected ceiling plan indicating lighting, ventilation diffusers and returns, exit and directional signage and emergency lighting is required.