St. John of Jerusalem Chapel

The chapel is the second oldest church structure remaining in Wantagh and the surrounding communities and is one of the few buildings still remaining from a time in which the Wantagh area was known as Jerusalem.

Built circa 1865, the building was originally the home of the German Methodist-Eposcopal Mission. Today the structure remains virtually unchanged and stands amid the markers and greenery of a still operating graveyard known as the St. John of Jerusalem Cemetery.