Newbridge Road Dog Park
Newbridge Road Dog Park
2600 Newbridge Road
Bellmore, NY 11710
The Town of Hempstead Dog Park is located in Bellmore on the south end of Newbridge Road Park. The 14,025-square-foot facility is open to Town of Hempstead residents only. It encompases seperate small and large dog areas, with a chain link fence around the perimiter of the canine facility. The grounds are comprised of a paw-friendly synthetic turf surface, and include ramps, weave poles, hurdles and other fun amenities. The park also has picnic tables, benches, shaded areas and water fountains for both people and dogs. Hours are 8 AM to dusk daily.
Newbridge Road Dog Park Rules:
- Dog owners must be Town of Hempstead residents only.
- All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination tag and a current Town of Hempstead dog license visible.
- NO aggressive dogs are permitted.
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
- Gates shall remain closed and latched at all times, except when entering and exiting.
- Children age 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Do not allow children to climb on the equipment.
- Owners MUST clean up after their dog, and waste must be deposited in the designated bins.
- All dogs must be leashed when preparing to leave the dog park and outside the dog park at all times. Dogs must be unleashed upon safe entry into the dog park.
- Leashes cannot be longer then 6 (six) feet in length.
- Females in heat, puppies under 4 months, or animals other than dogs are not permitted in the park.
- Prong, spike, choke collars and flex leashes are not permitted in the Dog Park.
- NO food or drink in the dog park (except plastic water bottles and water bowls).
- NO smoking.
- Report any complaints to the Newbridge Road Pool Building Administrative Office at (516) 783-2500.
Dog park patrons and canines utilizing this dog park do so completely at their own risk, including, but not limited to, the risk of being bitten, knocked down and /or tripped. Each dog owner assumes all liability for anyone who is bitten or injured by their dog or any other dog under their care while using this dog park. The Town of Hempstead reserves the right to refuse admission and/or eject any person from the dog park and assumes no liability for any accidents, injuries, loss or theft occurring in or about the dog park.