- Participants must be at least 15 years old to sign up.
- Attendance at all sessions is mandatory - lateness is considered an absence.
- No make up classes will be offered under any circumstance.
- Online classwork is necessary to pass this course.
|Echo Park Pool Complex, West Hempstead
Online Registration at hempsteadtown.com/parks. Begins Monday, September 20th at 9:00 AM and ends Tuesday, September 21st at 10:00 PM.
||September 28th to November 21st (6 Classes)
Tuesdays 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturdays 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Sundays 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Sundays 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
||$250.00 online payment after successful completion of the pre-skills test
|There is a prerequisite skills test for Lifeguard Training. Please see below for the Fall 2021 Lifeguard Training Information.
For more information, call Aquatics at 516-292-9000
Pre-course Skills Test
All candidates will have two attempts at the pre-skill test.
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water.
are not allowed.)
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance underwater.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Lifeguard Training Fall 2021 Class Info
Page Modified: 09/09/2021 16:08:51