AquaticsLearn to Swim
To participate in swimming lessons, all children must be at least six years of age and measure 46 inches in height. Parents or guardians must accompany children, younger than 10 years of age to registration and all classes. For Lifeguard Training participants must be 15 years of age, for Junior Lifeguarding 11 – 14 years of age. Classes meet once a week. Class schedules are available at registration. All participants must hold a pool membership or will be required to pay the daily admission rate. Proof of age and residency are required at time of registration. Swim classes must have a minimum of six persons to be held. Class sizes are limited. Skilled instruction will be offered on the following levels:
- Guppies - Water Orientation (ages 4 & 5)
- Level 2 - Fundamental Aquatic Skills
- Level 3 - Stroke Development
- Level 4 - Stroke Improvement
- Level 5 - Stroke Refinement
- Level 6 - Swimming & Skill Proficiency
- Junior Lifeguarding - 11 to 14 years of age
- Lifeguard Training - 15 years of age and up
General Registration Information
|Important Requirements for Aquatics Classes|
|Register at Echo Park, West Hempstead|
*Reduced rate also applies to the physically challenged & volunteer firefighters.
|Registration:||ADULT LESSONS & JUNIOR LIFEGUARDING - Thursday, September 20 at 7 p.m.
LIFEGUARD TRAINING - Thursday, September 20 at 8 p.m.
CHILDREN - Monday, September 24 at 7 p.m.
|Fee:||ADULT - $60 (SeniorsNeterans $30)*
CHILDREN - no fee for Levels 2 and 3
$55 - Levels 4, 5, 6 & Jr. Lifeguarding**
$173 - Lifeguard Training (a prerequisite skills test is required for entry into this class.)
1. $74 Online payment to Town of Hempstead
2. $63 Online payment to Town of Hempstead
3. $36 Online payment to American Red Cross Website after the pre-test is passed.
|Program:||Level 2 through Junior Lifeguarding - September 30 through December 3
Lifeguard Training - September 25 through December 23