St. Michael Episcopal Church
St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church is a quaint, cedar-shingled building with a distinctive round stained glass window facing Jackson Avenue under a steep gabled roof. The structure is the oldest surviving religious structure in Seaford.
Mr. and Mrs. George Stanton Floyd-Jones and his family were members of Grace Church in Massapequa. The Floyd-Joneses felt that there was a need for an Episcopal Church in Seaford and supervised the raising of funds (nearly $1,000) for St. Michaels.
Construction began in February 1891 and was completed on August 1st of that year. The church was consecrated on August 6th.
Inside the sanctuary, there is a marble altar and a baptismal font imported from Italy and presented to the church by Mrs. Floyd-Jones as a memorial to her father and brother, respectively.
In the 1960s, the church complex was expanded with a parish hall and connecting narthex to the original church. Even with these additions, the sanctuary remains looking very much as it did over a century ago.