How do I renew my expired passport?

The United States Passport Agency has made renewing your passport very convenient. If all of the federally issued requirements have been met, all you need to renew your ten-year passport is a completed application (DS-82 form) and your expired passport. DS-82 applications are available at Hempstead Town's Passport Office. Renewals must be mailed directly to the Passport Processing Center listed on the DS-82 application. A five-year passport requires further documentation (see "Are there special requirements for children's passports?" above). For further information, please call 877-487-2778 or visit the Travel State website.

Show All Answers

1. I want to apply for a passport. Do I need an appointment?
2. How long is my passport valid for?
3. How long will it take to receive my passport?
4. What do I need to apply for a passport?
5. Where can I get my passport photographs taken?
6. Are there special requirements for children's passports?
7. What are acceptable forms of identification?
8. How do I renew my expired passport?
9. What are the requirements to renew my expired passport?
10. What happens if my passport is lost or stolen?
11. What are the fees for a passport?
12. I plan to travel outside the United States. How do I find out if a Travel Alert or Travel Warning has been issued for a specific country?