Town of Hempstead Supervisor Don Clavin and Councilman Anthony D’Esposito are continuing their commitment to help save lives through the town’s Narcan Training being held at various locations throughout Hempstead Town. The series of training classes are being run by D’Esposito, a retired NYPD Detective and Ex-Chief of the Island Park Fire Department.
Supervisor Clavin stated, “It is vital to offer this important, life-saving program to residents throughout various communities in Hempstead Town. Thanks to Councilman D’Esposito’s expertise and commitment to educate residents on the dangers of drug abuse and to train residents to respond to those in need of emergency treatment, Narcan training is saving lives and saving our neighbors.”
“As a law enforcement official, I have seen firsthand the horror of drug abuse,” added D’Esposito. “The prevention of these tragedies is extremely important to me. If we can save one life, then this program will be a success. My hope is that with more education and by spreading the word of the dangers of drug abuse, we can eliminate the need for this type of program.”
The Narcan kits can quickly reverse the effects of a narcotic overdose and will combat opioid deaths. Residents who attend the program’s free one-hour course are instructed on how to identify an overdose victim, properly administer Narcan to the person experiencing an overdose and contact emergency officials. Attendees are also provided with complimentary Narcan response kits, and over 10,000 training kits have been distributed.
Upcoming dates and locations for Councilman D’Esposito’s Narcan Training Sessions include:
- Elmont Senior Center, 138 Elmont Road, Elmont on Thursday, September 15 at 6:00 p.m.
- Island Trees Public Library, 38 Farmedge Road, Levittown on Monday, September 19 at 6:00 p.m.
- Merrick Golf Course Clubhouse, 2550 Clubhouse Road, Merrick on Wednesday, September 21 at 6:00 p.m.
- Rockville Centre Recreation Center, 111 North Oceanside Road, Rockville Centre on Thursday, October 6 at 6:00 p.m.
- Hempstead Town Hall, Nathan L.H. Pavilion, 1 Washington Street, Hempstead on Wednesday, October 19 at 6:00 p.m.
- Valley Stream Village Hall, 123 South Central Avenue, Valley Stream on Thursday, October 20 at 6:00 p.m.
- Franklin Square Senior Center, 1182 Martha Pl, Franklin Square on Tuesday, November 15 at 6:00 p.m.
- Island Park Library, 176 Long Beach Road, Island Park on Wednesday, November 16 at 6:00 p.m.
- Seaford Public Library, 2234 Jackson Avenue, Seaford on Monday, November 21 at 7:00 p.m.,
- West Hempstead Public Library, 500 Hempstead Avenue, West Hempstead on Wednesday, November 30 at 6:00 p.m.
- Levittown Hall, 201 Levittown Parkway, Levittown on Monday, December 5 at 6:00 p.m.
- Hempstead Town Hall, Nathan L.H. Pavilion, 1 Washington Street, Hempstead on Thursday, December 8 at 6:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact Councilman D’Esposito at (516) 812-3242 or email email@example.com.