- Receiver of Taxes
- In-Person Payment Options
In-Person Payment Options
Main Office Hours
The main Tax Office at 200 North Franklin Street is open to the public on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. except on holidays. Cash, check, credit card, and money order payments are accepted.
Payment by credit card in our main office will incur a convenience fee of 2.3 percent of your total tax payment. Please note that a minimum convenience fee of $1.50 applies for credit card transactions. These fees are not paid to the Town of Hempstead, they are paid to Global payments for processing the transaction.
Extended Hours of Operation
To better serve you, weekday hours of operation will be extended at the Hempstead Tax Office during the last ten days of the penalty-free grace period. The office will be open for the collection of taxes on the following business days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
2023 Extended Hours
- February 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- May 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10
- August 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10
- November 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10
EZ Pay Drive-Thru Payment Windows
Paying your taxes from the comfort of your car is a convenience for those who choose to pay their taxes in person with checks and money orders only. Two EZ-Pay drive-thru windows are located behind the Tax Receiver’s Office at 200 North Franklin Street in Hempstead. Windows are open for collection from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on business days in the following date ranges:
2023 Drive-Thru Dates
- 1st Half General 2023 - January 17th through February 10th
- 2nd Half School 2022-2023 - April 17th through May 10th
- 2nd Half General 2023 - July 17th through August 10th
- 1st Half School 2023-2024 - October 16th through November 10th
Satellite Drive-Thru/Walk-Up Payment Booths
For greater convenience, satellite Drive-Thru booths are located at Rock Hall Museum, 199 Broadway, Lawrence, Echo Park, 399 Nassau Boulevard, West Hempstead, and Seamans Neck Park, 2700 South Seamans Neck Road, Seaford. Also, a walk-up booth is located at Levittown Hall, 201 Levittown Parkway, Hicksville. Only checks and money orders are accepted at satellite drive-thru and walk-up booths. These booths are open for collection from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on business days in the following date ranges:
2023 Satellite Drive Thru/Walk-Up Booth Dates
- 1st Half General 2023 - January 23rd through February 10th
- 2nd Half School 2022-2023 - April 24th through May 10th
- 2nd Half General 2023 - July 24th through August 10th
- 1st Half School 2023-2024 - October 23rd through November 10th
A satellite office will be open at Oceanside Library's TEMPORARY LOCATION, 56 Atlantic Avenue, Oceanside (In the Great Lincoln Shopping Center) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Only check and money order payments are accepted.
2023 Satellite Dates
- 1st Half General 2023 - February 8, 9, 10
- 2nd Half School 2022-2023 - May 8, 9, 10
- 2nd Half General 2023 - Dates to be announced.
- 1st Half School 2023-2024 - Dates to be announced.