- Boards & Commissions
- Town-Village Aircraft Safety & Noise Abatement Committee
Town-Village Aircraft Safety & Noise Abatement Committee
- 4th Monday of every month
Locations can vary. Check the Town Calendar monthly to verify the meeting date, time, and location.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
|Vilardi, James||Executive Director||2020||No Expiration Indicated|
|Renta, Carol||Secretary||2020||No Expiration Indicated|
|Kessler, Shaynee||Member||2022||No Expiration Indicated|
|Baessler, Carl||Member||1991||No Expiration Indicated|
|Plaut, Dan||Member||2020||No Expiration Indicated|
|Weiss, Andrew||Member||2015||No Expiration Indicated|
|Quinn, Laurence||Member||2010||No Expiration Indicated|
|Lubin, Akiva||Member||2015||No Expiration Indicated|
|Pallisco, Richard||Member||2020||No Expiration Indicated|
|Wright, Sean||Member||2016||No Expiration Indicated|
Aircraft Noise Complaints
If you have aircraft noise complaints, report them! If you don't call, you don't count! Aircraft noise complaints for JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB, or SWF Airports use the Online Noise Complaint Form or call the Airport Noise Complaint Line 800-225-1071.
The mission of the Town-Village Aircraft Safety and Noise Abatement Committee (TVASNAC) was established at its inception on July 1, 1966.
At that time the Presiding Supervisor of the Town of Hempstead convened the mayors of ten incorporated villages from the southwest quadrant of Nassau County to designate representatives and form a committee.
TVASNAC was to engage the sponsor of John F. Kennedy Airport (the Port Authority of New York/New Jersey), and the Federal Aviation Administration on the issues of aircraft noise and other environmental concerns caused by the airport. For more than five decades TVASNAC has challenged the FAA and the Port Authority to improve the quality of life for residents and homeowners. The committee has grown to include additional villages affected by the changes in flight paths with the inception of Airspace Redesign and NEXTGEN.
The Committee has recently worked with the New York State Legislature (Assembly and Senate), to introduce legislation that would compel the Port Authority to conduct a Part 150 Study for JFK Airport.
The mission of the Town-Village Aircraft Safety and Noise Abatement Committee (TVASNAC) is to promote the health, safety, and quality of life for the residents of the Town of Hempstead by reducing aircraft noise. This is done by advocating our concerns to, and working with, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and other stakeholders, to find ways to reduce aircraft noise over our communities.
- Strengthen our relationships with our federal elected officials and use these partnerships to more effectively advocate our positions to the FAA, through meetings, legislation, and other means.
- Advocate for the use of the "glide slope" rather than "step down" method for aircraft arriving at JFK Airport. This will allow aircraft approaching JFK to remain higher when flying over our communities and reduce the noise caused by engine thrust.
- Advocate for more equitable distribution of approaching and departing flights, thereby reducing the noise impact that is currently disproportionately felt by certain communities.
2023-2024 Calendar of Meetings
- Monday, June 26, 2023
- Monday, July 31, 2023*
- Monday, August 28, 2023
- Monday, September 18, 2023**
- Monday, October 23, 2023
- Monday, November 27, 2023
- (No December Meeting)
- Monday, January 22, 2024
- Monday, February 26, 2024
- Monday, March 25, 2024
- Monday, April 15, 2024**
- Monday, May 20, 2024**
* July meeting will be held at Valley Stream Village Hall, located at 123 S. Central Avenue, Valley Stream.
** September, April and May meetings will be held on the 3rd Monday as holidays fall on the 4th Monday of these months.