Some of Long Island's most beautiful South Shore beaches are located in the Town of Hempstead. Ocean beaches at Point Lookout, Lido, and Lido West are open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
In addition to its four beaches along the Atlantic shoreline, the town also operates a bay beach at Hewlett Point Park in Bay Park and a small beachfront along Hog Island Channel in the community of Harbor Isle.
Season Beach Parking Pass
The 2023 Season Beach Parking Pass for Point Lookout, Lido, and Lido West is available for purchase on Monday, May 22, 2023 at the Point Lookout Administration Office.
- $125 for residents
- $75 for seniors (60 plus), handicapped, auxiliary police, volunteer firefighters, veterans, and active military.
Beach entrance fees may be paid by cash or credit/debit card. For credit/debit card payments, an additional minimum of $1.55 or 2.4% processing fee will be added to the admission price. The Town of Hempstead does not receive any portion of the processing fee, which is charged by the credit card processing company.
Town of Hempstead-operated beaches are open to Hempstead Town and Nassau County residents only.
Seasonal Beach Information
- Ocean beaches are open daily beginning Saturday, May 27, 2023, through Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2023.
- Lifeguards are on duty seven days a week from Saturday, May 27, 2023, through Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2023, from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Parking fees are collected seven days a week, from 7 am to 5 pm.
- Special Park District beaches are open Saturday, June 17, 2023, through Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2023.
Daily Resident Beach Parking Fee
The daily beach parking fee at Town of Hempstead-operated beaches is $10 per car for Town of Hempstead residents. For non-residents, the daily beach parking fee is $50. Non-resident "walk-in" rates apply at Lido and Lido West beaches. For beach admission, a valid, current NYS DMV driver's license or NYS DMV ID card is required to prove residency in the town.