- Town Clerk
The Registrar's Office issues and maintains birth and death certificates for unincorporated communities only. Villages have their own clerk and vital record offices. Facilities under Hempstead Town's jurisdiction are:
- LIJ Valley Stream, formerly Franklin General Hospital and Franklin Hospital Medical Center in North Valley Stream
- * Mercy Hospital in Rockville Centre (partial records maintained by Hempstead Town)
- Mitchel Air Force Base in Uniondale
- Mount Sinai South Nassau in Oceanside, formerly South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, formerly Meadowbrook Hospital and Nassau County Medical Center
*This Office maintains some records for Mercy Hospital including records prior to August 1931 and records from February 24, 1941, to October 2, 1941. All Mercy Hospital records from October 2, 1941, to the present are filed with the Village of Rockville Centre Registrar. For further information, you may contact that office at 516-678-9258 or visit the office at:
Rockville Centre Village Hall 1 College Place Rockville Centre, New York 11570
Birth or Death Certificate
There is a $10 fee per certified copy of a birth or death certificate. Payment may be made by cash, local check, money order, or credit card (a $6 VitalChek service fee applies for all credit card transactions). Please make checks and money orders payable to Hempstead Town Clerk. Pending approval of an application, a request will be processed and mailed within one to two business days. Expedited processing is available using a major credit card. The total fee for expedited processing is $33.50, which includes one certified copy of the certificate, UPS shipping, and a VitalChek service fee.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.